Last updated on November 9, 2020
1. How We Collect Personal Information
You have choices about whether you visit our sites, install our apps, or provide personal information to us. However, if you do not provide us with certain personal information, you may not be able to use some parts of our Services.
Personal Information We Collect from You. You provide us with personal information about yourself when you:
- Register or log in to your account
- Start, approve, or review a meal selection
- Create or edit your user profile
- Contact customer support
You also provide us with personal information about others when you use parts of our Services, such as when you:
- Invite clients, patients, or others under your care to the platform
- Add others as a member to an existing account
- Refer friends
Examples of the categories of personal information you provide are:
- Identifiers: name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or electronic signature.
- Commercial information: billing information, products or services purchased.
- Geolocation: physical location
The categories of personal information we automatically collect includes:
- Device, Usage Information, and Transactional Data. We collect personal information about how you use our Services and the computers or other devices, such as mobile phones or tablets, you use to access our Services. Some examples include:
- IP address
- Precise geolocation information that you allow our apps to access (usually from your mobile device)
- Unique device identifiers and device attributes, like operating system and browser type
- Usage data, such as: web log data, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used our Services, the frequency of your use of our Services, error logs, and other similar information
- Transactional data, such as: names and email addresses of parties to a transaction, subject line, history of actions that individuals take on a transaction(e.g. review, sign, enable features) and personal information about those individuals or their devices, such as name, email address, IP address, and authentication methods
For choices you have on Cookies and related technologies, please see Section 5 of this Policy.
Information We Collect from Other Sources. We may collect personal information about you from others, such as:
- Third-Party Sources. Examples of third-party sources include marketers, partners, researchers, affiliates (like companies connected to Season), service providers, and others where they are legally allowed to share your personal information with us. For example, if you register for our Services on another website, the website may provide your personal information to us.
Personal Information We Collect & Process on Behalf of Customers. When our customers use our Services, we process and store certain personal information on their behalf as a data processor. In those instances, the customer is the data controller and is responsible for most aspects of the processing of the personal information. If you have any questions or concerns about how personal information is processed in these cases, including how to exercise your rights as a data subject, we recommend contacting the customer.
We collect your personal information to provide and improve our Services and to support advertising and marketing. See Section 2 Use of Personal Information for additional information.
We may share your personal information with third parties as provided in Section 3 Personal Information Sharing.
2. Use of Personal Information
In general, we collect, use, store, and process your personal information to provide our Services, to fix and improve them, to develop new Services, and to market our companies and their products and Services. Here are some examples of how we use the personal information we process:
- Provide you with the Services and products you request and collect payments
- Send you records of our relationship, including for purchases or other events
- Market features, products, or special events using email or phone or send you marketing communications about third party products and services we think may be of interest to you
- Record details about what happens within our platform,
- Run sweepstakes, contests, and refer-a-friend programs
- Create and review data about our users and how they use our Services
- Test changes in our Services and develop new features and products
- Fix problems you may have with our Services, including answering support questions and resolving disputes
- Manage the Services platform including support systems and security
- Prevent, investigate and respond to: fraud, unauthorized access to or use of our Services, breaches of terms and policies, or other wrongful behavior
- Comply with legal obligations
- Meet legal retention periods
We normally collect or use personal information from you or others only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect or retain personal information or may need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. For example, when we:
- Use personal information to create and manage an account, we need it in order to provide relevant Services.
- Use names and email addresses for email marketing purposes, we do so with your consent (which you can withdraw at any time).
- Gather usage data and analyze it to improve our Services, we do so based on our legitimate interest in safeguarding and improving our Services.
3. Personal Information Sharing
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws.
We share personal information as follows:
- Service Providers. We share your personal information with other companies we use to support our Services. These companies provide services like food ordering platforms, intelligent analytics, authentication systems, bill collection, fraud detection, and customer support. We have contracts with our service providers that address the safeguarding and proper use of your personal information.
- Business Transactions. We may share your personal information during a corporate transaction like a merger, or sale of our assets, or as part of the due diligence for such contemplated transactions. If a corporate transaction occurs, we will provide notification of any changes to control of your personal information, as well as choices you may have.
- Consent. We may share your personal information in other ways if you have asked us to do so or have given consent. For example, with your consent, we post user testimonials that may identify you.
Your personal information may also be shared as described below:
- Other users. When you allow others to access, use, or edit content in your account, we share that content with them.
- Public Information.
- Your Employer or Organization. When you create an account or user role with an email address assigned to you as an employee, contractor or member of an organization, such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, that organization (if it is a Season customer with certain features) can find your account and take certain actions that may affect your account.
4. Retention of Personal Information
We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain personal information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws. Where there are technical limitations that prevent deletion or anonymization, we safeguard personal information and limit active use of it.
See Section 5 for choices about storage of your personal information.
5. Your Choices
This section describes many of the actions you can take to change or limit the collection or use of your personal information.
- Profile. If you create a profile, you can access and review this personal information. If any personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can make changes in your account settings.
- Marketing Messages. You can opt out of email marketing messages we send. You can opt out of these messages by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email message. Please note that we may send you one message to confirm you want to opt out. If you are a registered user of our Services, or if you have engaged in transactions with us, we may continue to send transactional or relationship messages (e.g., signing notifications or account notifications) after you opt out of marketing messages. If you would like your phone number added to our internal Do-Not-Call list to opt out of telemarketing messages, please contact us at email@example.com. Please include your first name, last name, company, and phone number. You can also let us know during a telemarketing call that you do not want to be called again for telemarketing purposes.
- Cookies and Other Related Technology. You can decline cookies through your browser settings. However, if you decline cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Services.
- To change how Google Analytics collects and uses your personal information, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On by clicking here (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
- We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals.
- Device and Usage Information. If you do not want us to see your device location, you can turn off location sharing on your device, change your device privacy settings, or decline to share location on your browser.
- Closing Your Account. If you wish to close your account, please log in to your account and edit your plan. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not designed for and are not marketed to people under the age of 18 (“minors”). We do not knowingly collect or ask for personal information from minors. We do not knowingly allow minors to use our Services. If you are a minor, please do not use our Services or send us your personal information. We delete personal information that we learn is collected from a minor without verified parental consent. Please contact us at email@example.com if you believe we might have personal information from or about a minor.
7. Your Privacy Rights
You may have certain rights related to your personal information, subject to local data protection laws. These rights may include:
- You can access and review personal information associated with your account at any time. You also can request the following information: how we collect and use your personal information and why; the categories of personal information involved; the categories of recipients of your personal information; how we received your personal information and its source; our business purpose for using your personal information; and how long we use or store your personal information or the manner in which we determine relevant retention periods.
- You have a right to correct your personal information.
- In certain situations, you can ask that we delete/erase or stop using your personal information (and object to use of your personal information) or export your personal information.
- You have a right to provide us with guidance on the use, storage, and deletion of your personal information after your death.
- You have a right to raise questions or complaints with your local data protection authority at any time.
- You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you. You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity. If you have an account with us, we may verify you through your login of your account. If you do not have an account with us, we may seek a confirmation by email or seek other identification information, including government-issued identification, to verify your identity.
You may authorize an agent to make a request to us on your behalf and we will verify the identity of your agent or authorized legal representative by either seeking confirmation from you or documents that establish the agent’s authorization to act on your behalf.
Please note your rights and choices vary depending upon your location. Certain personal information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of personal information so that we can provide the product and Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our product and Services.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. How We Protect Your Personal Information
To keep your personal information safe, we use physical, electronic, and managerial tools. We apply these tools based on the sensitivity of the personal information we collect, use, and store, and the current state of technology. We protect your personal information through technical and organizational security measures to minimize risks associated with data loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and unauthorize disclosure and alteration.
9. Changes to This Policy
10. How to Contact Us